Guitar Tuner?

Its all business and sales. Presenting products, and concepts?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

ryangrieser

Guitar Tuner?

Post by ryangrieser » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:07 am

Hey y'all,

I was working on a metronome app and thought it would be cool to add a tuner to the app as well. Do any of you know if it is possible to build a tuner in LiveCode or is it virtually impossible?

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Guitar Tuner?

Post by bn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 am

Hi Ryan,

for MacOS there is an external

http://sunny-tdz.com/sunnymidi

Kind regards
Bernd

PaulDaMacMan

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 pm

I know this is an old post, but I'd just like to note for anyone else looking that MIDI (as in the SunnyMIDI Mac extension mentioned above), has little to nothing to do with live audio input waveform pitch analysis, which is what you would need to do in order to create a guitar tuner.
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Just curious, what would you need to do it ( I agree, producing sounds is not required ).
You'd need to be able to have sound input (microphone), and formula to compare it to the note your trying to tune to in hertz to the actual note, with an indicator for low/dead on/high (could be as simple as 3 lights).

On the other hand, I suppose if you were trying to tune to a computerized sound, and you tune by ear, you could do it with a midi sound producer. I've always tuned by ear, since I'm no pro like Klaus is, no one else has to suffer from my strangling my instruments but me.

Hmm. Interesting problem.

Return to “Business and Kiosks”