LiveCode based and Bitcoin supported apps?

Its all business and sales. Presenting products, and concepts?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

andyparng

LiveCode based and Bitcoin supported apps?

Post by andyparng » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Anyone is dong Bitcoin related projects using LiveCode? I am planning to create a LiveCode based and Bitcoin supported app in the next couple of months. All the specs and designs have pretty much been done in the past. Please see my notes and screens uploaded to my facebook album at under my facebook name andyparng. Please check it out and let me know if you are interested in collaborating with me on this fun project. :D

FredBeck

Re: LiveCode based and Bitcoin supported apps?

Post by FredBeck » Mon May 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi andyparng,
A friend of mine started mining a couple weeks ago and we were thinking yesterday about a small app to monitor and control his mining rig.
I'm only an amateur developer but some day I'd love to try writing a trading bot :)
What does your app do? I have no fb account, can't see your page!
Cheers,
Fred.

sefrojones
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by sefrojones » Mon May 26, 2014 7:20 pm

*Apparently I'm a chronic double-poster, I apologize.* :oops:
Last edited by sefrojones on Mon May 26, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sefrojones

Post by sefrojones » Mon May 26, 2014 7:32 pm

One project I've got on the back-burner is a cryptocurrency price timer. My prototype uses cryptsy(I know), but as I can't have it run on the phone as a background service I've almost all but abandoned this project until the day when we can run in the background on android. That seems like it is not in the cards any time soon, but I am a big fan of Bitcoin and Livecode, and I think your app looks great. Keep us updated on when you release it. I'm curious how you are handling the transactions. Are you using a service like BitPay or CoinBase, or some in-house solution? Either way, it looks amazing. Keep up the good work!

--Sefro

Edit: Just looked at the original post date, looks a bit old.

Fred: keep us updated if you begin to work on something like this. I am interested in this idea as well. My app currently uses the cryptsy API to constantly check the price and notify me when it is within a set range. I have thought about expanding it to a trading bot, but have not found the motivation make an attempt. Maybe this weeks upswing in price will motivate me to get back on this project, at least for a desktop version. I would probably start my testing with a super cheap alt such as DOGE,as it would hurt less to lose :) due to any hiccups in development.

Return to “Business and Kiosks”