Livecode Ideas For IRL Puzzle app

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Xero

Livecode Ideas For IRL Puzzle app

Post by Xero » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:00 am

Hi brainstrust,
I am embarking on a project to create a multi-facet puzzle game that is based on 'in real life' situations.
It's hard to explain as we're trying to break some new ground and cross-over a few boundaries.
The basis of the game is a treasure hunt based on puzzles. There is text- and image-based clues that give information to finding a real life place where something will happen. A reward will be given, a clue will be given, something... and it may be different for each part of the game. There are current armchair treasure hunts in this vein, but we're looking to expand beyond the current paradigm and use current technology. Part of this new facet of technology would obviously be an app, and as I am versed in Livecode, it's probably where at least the prototype would be developed.
As an idea, I wrote a steganographic coder and have placed the code in the Multimedia section of this forum. This may form part of the app that would allow us to hide clues within current images, and those clues would need to be extracted using the app.
Does anyone have or know of any novel ideas- even undeveloped, un-coded ones- that would possibly be of interest to us? I am happy to do the groundwork to develop the code if it's within my knowledge.
Think about how real-life situations can be meshed into an app (augmented reality, etc).
(edit:) I will add that this may end up going commercial, so if you consider me using your idea as theft of intellectual property, please don't post anything in response here. If I don't hear about it, I can't be accused of theft!
Thanks in advance.
Xero.
Last edited by Xero on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Livecode Ideas For IRL Puzzle app

Post by richmond62 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 am

I wrote a steganographic coder and have placed the code in the Multimedia section of this forum.
That's funny, I can't find it.

Xero

Post by Xero » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:33 am

Here's the post:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34843
Sadly, I couldn't post the stack, so I posted the code, and it would need to be reconstructed!
Xero

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:56 am

Do what I do: put your stack on DropBox and post the link. 8)

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:41 pm

This is an exciting thread, Xero, very much in line with my current interest in studying ARGs and treasure hunts in general.

Are you familiar with the Jejune Institute?

And ever visit ARGN? https://www.argn.com/
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode Community Liaison

LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Games”