point and click RPG gaming

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

shadowslash

point and click RPG gaming

Post by shadowslash » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:38 pm

In my (almost absolute) desperation for my mini RPG game (as seen on the link at my sig.), here's a simple mouse point and click moving simulation that I made... This is absolutely untested in Mac or Linux, just Windows so please give back any useful input that are umm, useful! Also feel free to edit the source if you ever see something buggy about it... The instructions on using the application is located at the bottom part of the app's UI.. I'm also testing out the chatting pane... You enable it by either pressing Enter or simply clicking on the text field.

[Download the Stack]

This however runs quite smoothly but my dilemma is, how do I manage it for multiple players moving all at once???

Another questions that keeps bugging me is how do I mirror a GIF image in Revolution? is it doable? If it's not then what other substitutes can I use? Here's a scenario, instead of drawing the GIF frame by frame again facing to the right, how can I just "mirror" the GIF which is facing to the left?
Parañaque, Philippines

Paul D

Post by Paul D » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:58 pm

did you make the gifs? flip will flip the image but stops the animation i think :?

shadowslash

Post by shadowslash » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 am

Doing that does stop the GIF from animating but I found a simple yet, in my opinion, might add more to the resource is just by simply using a GIF editor program and flipping the GIF animation horizontally.... I created some other test revLet for this but this time involving tiles... The problem Im having for now is implementing a sprite / image loading system where users can select their hairstyle and stuff...
Parañaque, Philippines

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: point and click RPG gaming

Post by Mark » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:19 am

Hi shadowslash,

Why do you use GIF animation? Revolution's rendering system chokes on GIF's if it has to eat too many of them.

You could use a series of PNG files and change the icons of buttons to make animations.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

shadowslash

Re: point and click RPG gaming

Post by shadowslash » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Yup mark, I just figured that one out xD
So now I'm trying my best to come up with a somewhat animation routine for the characters in the game. And for the longest time, I still haven't figured out how to implement sprite usage for the characters such as headgears and items and such... Image
Parañaque, Philippines

Return to “Games”