Removing of old Livecode Versions on Ubuntu 18.04

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

MichaelS

Removing of old Livecode Versions on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by MichaelS » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:29 am

Hi all,
does anybody know how can i remove old Livecode Versions
from my Ubuntu 18.04 XFCE System?

With:
dpkg --list
i can not find Livecode Progs...

and it is not shown in the Software Center. So what should i do ?

bogs

Re: Removing of old Livecode Versions on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by bogs » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:55 am

Sure thing MichaelS, there is the 'easy' way, and the 'what the !@#$ were they thinking' way. I'll cover the 'easy' way here for you :wink:

This does depend somewhat on how you installed Lc. I always install for me only, and so can do this with just my own user priviledges. If you installed "For everyone", then you will need to do this under sudo or root priviledges.

You simply need to navigate to the Lc installed folder, and click on setup.x86_64. If you installed for you only, this will (likely) be located in your home folder at this path:
~/.runrev/components/livecodecommunity-9.6.0-dp-4.x86_64/setup.x86_64
{ Note the '.' in front of the runrev folder name. This is a hidden folder in your home directory, so make sure hidden folders are visible in your file manager either through the menu, or by using [Ctrl + h].

Also Note that 'setup.x86_64' applies to Lc from 7.1.4 forward to current, before that, it was just setup.x86.}

If you installed 'For everyone', on the other hand, you would navigate to your opt/runrev folder as sudo or root and run setup.x86_64.

Of course, if you installed it to a custom location, you would navigate there and uninstall it.

That is it.

MichaelS

Post by MichaelS » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:55 am

Hello bogs,
thank you for fast reply. It worked and it is a very easy Solution.
I really did not knew that Way...

Thank you
and best regards
Michael

bogs

Post by bogs » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:12 am

Glad it helped you out. I did notice on re-reading my post that I probably should have worded this a little better for anyone else that might come along -
bogs wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:55 am
{...Also Note that 'setup.x86_64' applies to Lc from 7.1.4 forward to current, before that, it was just setup.x86.}
That really should read more like -
...'setup.x86_64' applies only to 64 bit installations, 32 bit installations would be just setup.x86.

Return to “Linux”