Installing LiveCode Business on Linux Today???

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

mrcoollion

Re: Installing LiveCode Business on Linux Today???

Post by mrcoollion » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:35 am

karmacomposer wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:28 pm
I was just hoping to run a new Raspberry Pi (4gb and even 8gb ram) with Livecode programs - with a quad core processor, usb 3.0 slots, 256gb micro sd card, wifi, bluetooth and amazing video capabilities, they are pretty much little full-featured computers now, 32 bit and 64 bit capable!
I had been looking into the possibility of having my LC app run on Raspberry Pi (8gb ram) but came to the conclusion that this was not possible with a LC to Linux compiled app (due to no Broadcom 2711, Cortex-A-72, 64-bit SoC @ 1.5 GHz processor support). So I am now looking into using an Android TV box for this as I know (and have tested on my android phone) that LC works pretty good on Android. Bonus is that with some investigations a decent Android TV box can be bought for less than 40 euro's. So this is the route I will first try when my app V1.0 is ready.

(AliExpress example: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40002405 ... web201603_).

Regards,

Paul

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:57 pm

FWIW the v7.x build for RPi is only unstable with A GUI. I've run a standalone facelessly on an RPi with no issue, which is often all that's needed for IoT.

And if you do need a GUI, LC 7's RPi issues seem limited to the IDE and pulldown menus. Standalones can be built on an x86 PC and then transferred to the RPi and many will work quite well, at least back when I last experimented with these things a couple years ago.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

mrcoollion

Post by mrcoollion » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 pm

When the application i am working on is test ready I will also test it on the Pi 4. However the LC version I compile with does need to support tsNet and DataGrids.
Let see what works better :)

AlexCrowlen

Post by AlexCrowlen » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:21 am

I have Livecode Business not installing on Linux. I don't understand what the problem is and where the error is.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:22 am

AlexCrowlen wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:21 am
I have Livecode Business not installing on Linux. I don't understand what the problem is and where the error is.
How is the problem evident?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:42 am

Q1. What type of Linux are you trying to install LC Business on?

"Linux" is a misleading term as it does not refer to anything nearly as monolithic as Microsoft Windows or MacOS: I find
I use the term "Linux" less and less because it isn't very informative: I tend to talk about 'Ubuntu', 'Fedora', 'LXDE' and so on:
the sort of people I talk to about these things all understand that those systems run on the Linux kernel.

Q2. Did you manage to install LC Community on the Linux distro you are using BEFORE you paid a lot of money for the
Business version?

Return to “Linux”