Unable to make an OS X standalone with Rev 3.0 Linux

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

astroboy
Livecode Opensource Backer

Unable to make an OS X standalone with Rev 3.0 Linux

Post by astroboy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:56 am

Since I got my hands on Rev 3.0 Linux, I decided to make my usual standalones using it. But, alas! I'm unable to make standalones for OS X, either universal, powerpc or intel only.

My apps were succesfullly built as standalones in the previous versions, so I'm pretty sure this is not something to do with my apps. To prove it, I created a new stack which only contains one button without any script, saved it, and tried to create a standalone out of it. No luck.

The error message is rather lenghty, but it repeats the same stuff again and again:

---------------
There was an error while saving the standalone application

241,438,1__revSBEnumerateFolder
353,0,0,stack "revSBLibrary" of stack
/opt/3.0.0-gm-2/ToolSet/revstandalonesettings.rev
--------------

I'm able to create standalones for Linux and Windows, and yes, my stacks have the extension ".rev" .

Is this a Linux only issue?

Bernard

Post by Bernard » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 am

http://www.runrev.com/support/quality-control-center/

Hi, please check if this is a bug at the quality control center. I've just got a linux laptop, but my beta unlock code has expired so I can't confirm this. (In fact, I'm quite appalled at the way Rev 2.9 is working on this new laptop).

Please enter this as a bug if no-one else has.

astroboy

Post by astroboy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 am

Hi Bernard

In order to be more precise in the report of the bug, I'd like to know if this is happening in other Rev3 Linux machines, and to know if this is only happening in the Linux version or it's a cross-platform problem.

Since Mark solved a similar issue in a thread on the Mac forum, that was the reason I included the explanation that my stacks have .rev extension :D

Best Regards,

Astroboy

Return to “Linux”