runrev needs 24bit display for start

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

FranzB

runrev needs 24bit display for start

Post by FranzB » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:29 pm

I just made my first tests with runrev 2.9 beta on linux (after having finished a project and now have a bit of time).

My display of the linux was configured in 16bit color display. Then runrev avoided starting with the message "this application needs 24bit color display " or so. After reconfiguring the display in sax2 for 24bit runrev started.

Franz

ShieldsOnTour

Re: runrev needs 24bit display for start

Post by ShieldsOnTour » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 pm

FranzB wrote:I just made my first tests with runrev 2.9 beta on linux (after having finished a project and now have a bit of time).

My display of the linux was configured in 16bit color display. Then runrev avoided starting with the message "this application needs 24bit color display " or so. After reconfiguring the display in sax2 for 24bit runrev started.

Franz

Hi Franz,

That is correct for the DP-1 release. We just did not have enough time to get the code to dither from 32-bit (all Rev surfaces are internally represented in 32-bit) down to whatever the native screen depth is for the DP-1 release. This has now been done and Rev will now run correctly even at 8-bit depth (if you really want to) with DP-2.

Regards,

Tim

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:31 pm

I really wish we could have that not only for Linux, but also for Classic. Just dreaming...

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

FranzB

thanks.

Post by FranzB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 am

Thanks Tim,

basic thesis: runrev should start up in the standard configuration on linux out of the box.
Therefore thanks for having solved this ...

normally selling on microsoft basis I know: any product must start without configuration needs by the customer, even when the linux community still has higher standards.
I need this if I want spreading runrev based software on Linux even for people who just are able installing linux from the box and run.

Greetings, Franz

Return to “Linux”