SSL/Encryption & codesign [resolved]

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jmk_phd

SSL/Encryption & codesign [resolved]

Post by jmk_phd » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:07 am

Has anyone by chance tried lately to sign a standalone that employs the inclusion “SSL & Encryption”? This was not a problem as recently as July, but both when using the terminal and when using Matthias’ updated helper stack, code-signing fails with a message “errSecInternalComponent in subcomponent: /Users/…/Contents/MacOS/revsecurity.dylib”.

So many things can go wrong when signing a standalone, that this message may or may not be relevant to repeated failure. Still, encrypting/storing/decrypting a tiny text file in the user’s preferences folder is essential to implementing my strategy for licensing/personalizing the app.

Some time recently LC changed the name of the inclusion from “revsecurity” to “SSL & Encryption” so I’ve just got to wonder….

jeff k

UPDATE: After clawing my way back out of the deep black hole of Keychain certificate-related problems, I tried again using Matthias' updated helper stack and all went smoothly with signing/notarizing/stapling the app and .dmg. Frankly, I have no explanation for the earlier failure or how/why it got resolved, but I'm relieved that the encryption routines still work without problem. Sorry to have bothered the forum with this problem.

Return to “Mac OS”