LiveCode Installation on MacBook Pro With OS X "10 8"

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

TheOtherBob

Re: LiveCode Installation on MacBook Pro With OS X "10 8"

Post by TheOtherBob » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:16 pm

jacque wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:44 pm
That makes me wonder if Bob did drag the LC app out of the dmg and into the Applications folder. Some apps will run okay from within the dmg virtual drive, others won't.

Pretty basic but it doesn't hurt to check.
In all cases, I opened the dmg file and then dragged the LC app into the Applications folder. I never tried to run the LC app directly from the virtual drive.
~Bob (one of the many)

TheOtherBob

Post by TheOtherBob » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:40 pm

What you did do was download a dmg file, open it, and then drag its contents somewhere on your hard drive.
No one INSTALLS a dmg.
You are correct; that was clumsy wording on my part.

1. Have you tried opening he LC app with a right mouse-click?
YES.
2. Have you tried one of the Community versions I referenced above?
YES, LiveCode Community 8.1.10. Opening that app resulted in the same 'corrupted file' error.

I also downloaded LiveCode Indy 8.1.10. I tried this two different ways. First I downloaded that version directly to my MBP, and it generated the 'corrupted file' error when I opened the installed LC app. However, after I downloaded that version to my Windows machine, copied it to my MBP, and performed the installation steps, it opened with no error.

Hence my comment:
It appears that the dmg files containing the LiveCode versions that I downloaded using my MBP are treated differently by my MBP than this other application that I downloaded this morning.
I did also download directly to my MBP two other applications in the form of dmg files, and neither of them generate the 'corrupted file' error when I open them.
~Bob (one of the many)

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:41 pm

Time to talk to the people at LiveCode central methinks.

Return to “Mac OS”