a weird thing.
i had a stack, created with lc7, then updated in the last years using lc8.
today i opened it with lc9.
in development mode all works as expected.
i compiled a binary for macOS.
i run the app and… "what the…?!" any dialog window (ask, answer) did not pop up. no error throwed. simply, the commands did not work.
i reopened the same file with lc8, i compiled it, i run the app and all worked as expected, every dialog popping up.
even weirder thing: i made a brand new, empty stack with lc9.
i just put a simple btn on cd 1 with
Code: Select all
on mouseUp ask "what?" answer it end mouseUp
i tested the app and nothing happened: no dialog appeared.
i told myself "time to file a bug to quality.livecode.com"
i reopened the file with lc9 and i simply changed some pref strings, i.e. the name of the app (from "untitled" to "test-dialog"), the name of the stack (from "untitled" to "main"), the bundle identifier. that sort of things…
i compiled it again.
i run it and… "what? now it is working?! why?!
no way to reproduce again the issue.
therefore, i started to do dozen of tests (several dozen…) using my old file. firstly, i tried to delete substacks. then i deleted cards. then i deleted scripts. then objects (at some point it seemed the culprit were some dataGrids). every time, after some changes, suddenly the binary started to work as expected. apparently with no direct link to what i had just modified. sometimes i tried to compile the app twice without changing the file: the first SA was broken, the second one was ok.
after around 30 attempts, LC gave me an error on compiling, a very long one:
Code: Select all
"There was an error while saving the standalone application 87,1776,8 69,1776,8 69,1776,8,field id…
then it gave me the same after other 20 attempts or so.
finally, i played that card from late 90s:
TRASH THE PREFs.
and now this issue seems to be fixed…