GLX Framework Standalone "failed to copy" DB Drivers

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Post Reply
bhall2001
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:54 pm

GLX Framework Standalone "failed to copy" DB Drivers

Post by bhall2001 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:15 pm

I had been using LC 7.1.3 and recently decided to start my move to LC8 series. First step was to take a few of my apps and go to LC 7.1.4.

I am running into an issue with an app that "failed to copy" the database bundles to the Mac standalone creating a warning at the end of the standalone process. I've tried numerous was to try to get the .bundle files to be copied with no luck. I am using the GLX framework for this particular app. In LC 7.1.3 there is not issues with creating the standalone.

From what I can tell it's only effecting the Mac standalone and not Windows (not compiling this code to Linux).
1 MacOSX x86-32, external failed to copy: "/Applications/LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X/x86-32/Externals/revdb.bundle"
2 MacOSX x86-32, database driver failed to copy: "/Applications/LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X/x86-32/Externals/Database Drivers/dbsqlite.bundle"
Can anyone possibly point me in the proper direction?
Thanks in advance,
Bob

jameshale
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: GLX Framework Standalone "failed to copy" DB Drivers

Post by jameshale » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:54 am

That's interesting.
Since moving to 8 I have needed to copy by hand the entire 'components' folder into the package of the Mac app bundle.
Haven't been able to get the GLX build standalone to work without issue so have just ignored it.

James

bhall2001
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Re: GLX Framework Standalone "failed to copy" DB Drivers

Post by bhall2001 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:23 pm

I have been able to get the GLX framework working again in LC8. Turns out the issue was that I didn't copy the new resources of LC8 into my application's resources for data grid and database. Just posting this incase someone else runs into an issue with move from LC7 to LC8.

Post Reply

Return to “Mac OS”