LiveCode 7.0.1 can not open its own stack

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pderks

LiveCode 7.0.1 can not open its own stack

Post by pderks » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi,

LiveCode 7.0.1 can not open the document that it has created and saved 5 minutes before …

On Saturday I wrote a stack to decrypt/encrypt texts. After all (successful) tests I saved the finished stack and shut off the computer.
On Sunday I tried to open my "enigma" stack directly in Finder: LC was caught in an endless beachball loop …
I started LC, tried to open my stack in the Open File dialog: LC was caught …
I started LC, opened a random stack, tried something like "put the script of stack Enigma into msg": LC was caught …
I had learned the surface and the objects of my stack, regained the script of it by employing TeachText, and recreated & tested the complete stack within 90 minutes.
I saved my new stack - sad to say only once -, quitted LC, shut down the computer.

On Monday: see Sunday

I use Mac Pro Mid 2010, OSX 10.10.1, LiveCode 7.0.1.

Any ideas ???

Peter

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: LiveCode 7.0.1 can not open its own stack

Post by bn » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Peter,

there must be something in openStack or so that sends the stack/LC into an endless loop.

I would recommend opening LC then in the develoment menu there is "suppress messages". Now open your stack enigma. Look at the stack script or the script of the first card. If there is a preopenStack, openStack, openCard preOpenCard handler check if there is something that causes the loop. Or just block any of those and turn "suppress messages" off. Now try to open enigma again after you have "close and remove from memory" it.

Kind regards
Bernd

pderks

Re: LiveCode 7.0.1 can not open its own stack

Post by pderks » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:56 am

Hi Bernd,

thank you very much for your helpful answer.

Peter

Return to “Mac OS”