Signing an App for Gatekeeper - Unsealed contents?

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

andyh1234

Signing an App for Gatekeeper - Unsealed contents?

Post by andyh1234 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Im trying to coding a mac app for the Mavericks gatekeeper.

Everything worked just fine a couple of days ago, I made a few more tweaks to the app, rebuilt the app as before and ran the same coding command from the command line but now I get..

dbsqlite.bundle: unsealed contents present in the bundle root

Ive tried going into the package and just code signing the bundle, but get the same message with this, and all the other bundles in the app.

Any ideas what has happened, and how I fix this???

andyh1234

Re: Signing an App for Gatekeeper - Unsealed contents?

Post by andyh1234 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:48 pm

OK, ive managed to make some headway.

The 'unsealed contents' seems to be the manifest file found in each of the externals bundle.

If I delete the manifest file from each of the bundles, everything signs perfectly again and the app seems to run fine.

So the next question is, do I need those manifest files in the external .bundle files. If so there may be a problem on the horizon for livecode is other users are affect, and if not is there a way to get them out of the distribution files so I dont have to manually remove them after each build?

Tiemo

Post by Tiemo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Andy,

I expierenced just the same and after request at runrev, I also delete the manifest file from all included bundles.
I also tried to find out, what the use of the manifest file is and if I could get into any other problems just deleting it, but found no answer.
Either nobody else is codesigning or nobody else knows anything about manifests.
Tiemo

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Mark said the manifest file was left over from the build so its safe to delete, and he would try to get rid of it in future builds.

I guess more people will come across it as time goes on.

Return to “Mac OS”