Combo box text not centred - bottom truncated

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Jae

Combo box text not centred - bottom truncated

Post by Jae » Tue May 15, 2012 5:42 am

Hi
I have some combo boxes in an app build for Windows that is now being ported across to MacOSX.
I see that the mac seems to fix the size of the combo box - that is fine.
However the text displayed is offset towards the bottom of the combo box so that the lower portion of the text is truncated.
The font size is easily small enough to fit into the combo box and in fact if I edit text size in the property inspector it then displays correctly - however this is not retained. After saving it returns to truncating the text.

Am I missing something obvious here? Is there some other limitation on the Mac that I have overlooked?

Look forward to any comments anyone can add thanks.
Jae

shaosean

Re: Combo box text not centred - bottom truncated

Post by shaosean » Tue May 15, 2012 6:22 am

Even at 13 points, the system font fits fine in the combo box.. Did you happen to change the margins from the default of 4 ?

Jae

Post by Jae » Tue May 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks.
Yeah - I checked that - even tried setting margins to 1 - still shifts the text down.
It is an inherited project - I have reviewed to check for any odd formatting in the code and unable to find anything.
I might need to recreate these and see if it goes away!
Thanks for confirming it should be straight forward as I expected :)

thims

Post by thims » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:55 pm

Has anybody found a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same thing. Win 7 V7.04. Margins report they are the same but if you change them to the same as they list (no change at all), it straightens out until you re-open the card. I tried re-filling the data but the margins stick until you re-open the card again. Button is 15 pixels high with an 11 point font. Bug?

thims

Post by thims » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:08 am

Solved with a hack. On openCard just re-sets the margins of all comboboxes. Not pretty code but now a pretty form.

Return to “Mac OS”