Intel Deploying

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Obleo

Intel Deploying

Post by Obleo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Mac OS
Deploying to Mac OS X (PPC or Intel) or Mac Classic? Ask MacOS specific questions here.

Hello,

Will the Intel Version be available soon, for Rev Studio ? Apple is starting to really ask for us to support Intel now. I am really waiting on my latest product for the Intel build. I really do not want to move to xcode because I love using Revolution for many different reasons.

Thank you for any info.

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by BvG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:05 pm

Every app that runs on PowerPC also runs on Intel macs. Maybe not as fast as if it where a native Intel app, but still faster then on most PowerPC's.
So why do you wait with your app for a native way to run? I'm really curious about this?
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:33 pm

I know with Rosetta applications run, we Have an intel box for testing Rosetta, (pretty slow moving, when it comes to any thing graphics to native PPC). Apple wants developers to deploy a native Intel builds more than ever now, We keep getting emails from Apple Product development team weekly to update our products to Intel Native Speially if we want to be part of Apple Store program.

I saw that on the revolution web site in the near future an Intel Mac solution is in the works for Rev Studio.

I was wonder if anyone had more info on a target date for a release like a couple months or ?

36degrees
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by 36degrees » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:13 pm

We are committed to providing native support for Intel Macs through the use of Universal Binaries and this is currently being worked on.

Indeed, we hope to have this ready for release real soon now :)

Mark.
Mark Waddingham
Director of Technology
Runtime Revolution, Ltd

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Thanks Mark, That is good news. :D

Ocean

Post by Ocean » Mon May 08, 2006 1:04 pm

Any updates on the Intel release yet? :)

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Wed May 17, 2006 12:08 am

Apple now has 4 of their 5 cpu product line running on Intel processors now, I hope we can see an deploy option soon.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Thu May 18, 2006 10:50 pm

Since Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor has been released with an Intel native engine, I'd expect the Revolution engine for Intel to be released really soon.

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:05 am

It is great to see the Mac Intel Universal builds are now available. Thanks for all the work everyone at run-rev. Hoping to figure out how to update, Early update pack seems the way to go. considering we just got revolution a little over two months ago (in that we should still be available to purchase that product).

Thanks

:D

Edit; Our first Universal Build -Updated app looks good, performance is great, Again Thanks for this update.

Stryder

Mac OS X/Darwin CGI Engine for Intel?

Post by Stryder » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:46 am

Any idea when you will update your CGI engines for OS X/Intel?

I have G5's screaming "upgrade me to Xeon!".

Return to “Mac OS”