Problem with Win standalone created on MacIntel

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sunspot

Problem with Win standalone created on MacIntel

Post by sunspot » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:27 pm

Windows standalones that I create on my Intel iMac always crash when the user:

1) clicks a button to go to another card; or
2) quits the standalone.

They get an "application error" about some memory location that cannot be "read". There are no problems running the scripts on the first card.

I also have no problems with Windows standalones created on my OS 9 iMac.

This is very annoying since I cannot both Mac and Windows standalones at the same time. Any workarounds for this problem would be appreciated.

Bruce Pokras

sunspot

More details on this problem

Post by sunspot » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:27 pm

The error message when trying to go to the next card is:
The instruction at "0x668cdae9" referenced memory at "0x01d87010". The memory could not be "read".
When going to the previous card, the error message is the same except for the location of the memory that could not be "read". It is 0x01de7010.

There is no problem when I save the stack as "legacy" and create the standalone on an OS 9 iMac using Rev 2.6.1.

Bruce Pokras

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi Bruce,

I have seen the first problem very often, especially in 2.7.0 and 2.7.1. I don't remember seeing it in 2.6.1. You could try to make sure that all script have stopped running and all substacks are closed. Also, if the speech external has been used, make sure to unload it. Close open databases if you opened any. Cancel pending messages. Lock messages before closing the mainstack and quitting. I can't guarantee that it helps, but it is worth a try.

Regarding the second problem, does this also happen if you make a standalone with empty cards and the following script in the stack script?

Code: Select all

on mouseUp
  go next cd
end mouseUp
Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Windows”