Building Standalone for Windows results in error (for first time)

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jstewartathartford

Building Standalone for Windows results in error (for first time)

Post by jstewartathartford » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:29 am

I have built a working standalone for my project a number of times, but got an error message this time. Downloaded newest community version, still failed. Tried my Indy version 9.2.6 and that failed. Naturally, this occurs as I made the final improvements and needed to send it off. I captured the error message in two parts and have attached them. I am using an HP Pavilion Laptop laptop running Windows 10 Home (Version 2004, installed 9/26/2020, OS build 19041.1052). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
BottomOfError.png
TopOfError.png

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Building Standalone for Windows results in error (for first time)

Post by FourthWorld » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:09 am

In what window are you seeing those messages?

Displaying the raw error data is itself a bug, one we should address immediately.

Without meaningful error message presentation all other diagnoses are made needlessly difficult.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

jstewartathartford

Re: Building Standalone for Windows results in error (for first time)

Post by jstewartathartford » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:23 pm

This error message just popped up when I started the "save as standalone" menu. I also get a message about revcursors (or something like that) being in memory and I reply OK, then it makes the standalone. Sometimes that message repeats again and again and everything is flashing and I have to stop it with Task Manager. Then the next time it works okay. Today I tried to back track and used an older version that had worked before. It worked, so I tried a more recent version and that worked. I tried the version that generated the error message and that worked. :D
There was one difference between the failure and the successes. The failures had one other message after the revcursors warning, which I replied OK to, but I don't remember the content. If I get it again, I will try to document better what happened.
For now I seem good to go.
Thanks for responding to my inquiry.
Jay

Return to “Windows”