Livecode Indy 9.6.0 RC1

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

DavJans

Livecode Indy 9.6.0 RC1

Post by DavJans » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Anyone ever run into this just not opening any more? I ended up uninstalling it to try and reinstall but the installer wont run either. I can install and run other versions of 9.6 but not the Indy version
"Det bästa stället att hitta en hjälpande hand är i slutet av din egen arm" förutom här

mrcoollion

Re: Livecode Indy 9.6.0 RC1

Post by mrcoollion » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:08 pm

On what platform ?
In Win 10 I have no problems.

regards,

Paul

DavJans

Post by DavJans » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Ops I forgot to mention that, yes windows 10 64 bit. Its been working fine for a long time then stopped working yesterday. When I run the installer I can see it in the task manager for about a second then it disappears. I turned off antivirus too and that didn't fix it. turned off windows firewall that didn't help either
"Det bästa stället att hitta en hjälpande hand är i slutet av din egen arm" förutom här

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Not encountered this either but I did find the RC versions of 9.6.0 a bit flaky, RC-2 especially bad in IDE and Script Editor performance. The stable release has already been available for a little while, and it is much better. Is there a reason why you need the RC-1 version?

DavJans

Post by DavJans » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:07 pm

I can't install any version newer than 9.0.5 if I try and use the 64 bit version. 32 bit works so Ill just use that for now.

mrcoollion

Post by mrcoollion » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:51 pm

You could:
  • Check if you have the latest update, if not update.
  • Try to uninstall in safe mode. and install LC 9.60 rc2 in normal mode.
  • Sometimes an application is running but on a second monitor or on space outside the resolution of you monitor (Windows 'thinks' your resolution is higher than it actually is) even though there is no second monitor attached. Solve this by checking the monitor/resolution settings and change them.
Last option I found:
Steps listed below.

1 ) Run command prompt as administrator (Start Menu -> type "cmd" -> right click "Command Prompt" -> Click "Run as Administrator")
2 ) Type: sfc /scannow
3 ) Press enter
4 ) Wait for scan to complete. It should tell you in the last few lines if any issues were found. (Mine said it found issues but some were not fixed)
5 ) In command prompt type: dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
6 ) Press Enter.
7 ) Wait for process to complete
8 ) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
9 ) Press Enter.
10) Wait for process to complete
11) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
12) Press Enter.
13) Wait for process to complete
14) Reboot PC
15) Repeat all to see if you can clear up everything.

see more info about how to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image at https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use- ... s-10-image

PS> No guarantees on a solution and it is all at your own risk.

Regards,

Paul

Return to “Windows”