Failed To Load External Error

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

7Leven

Failed To Load External Error

Post by 7Leven » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello, I'll explain things quickly.

I made a program for my internship. The program is supposed to count up until it hits a certain date and time, when it does, it should open a url in the user's default browser that leads them to a Twitch stream.

The code itself works and I've tested it in it's standalone application and in the LiveCode engine itself. Both work fine.

However, whenever I move the standalone application OUT of the windows folder, and try to run the program, it tells me this:

Here is a download to my stack :
http://7leven.on-rev.com/downloads/Code ... 0Stack.zip

Please help me out. The people I'm distributing the application to won't like that they have to leave the application inside the windows folder. Thanks.

SparkOut

Re: Failed To Load External Error

Post by SparkOut » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 pm

When you move the application, you will also need to move the externals folder which is created alongside the standalone .exe file. One recent version of LC has a bug which requires a phantom external dB driver DLL, even when no databases are used. Otherwise it may be that your standalone does require an external.
By default the externals folder should be alongside the standalone.

7Leven

Re: Failed To Load External Error

Post by 7Leven » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:56 pm

SparkOut wrote:When you move the application, you will also need to move the externals folder which is created alongside the standalone .exe file. One recent version of LC has a bug which requires a phantom external dB driver DLL, even when no databases are used. Otherwise it may be that your standalone does require an external.
By default the externals folder should be alongside the standalone.
Ahh I see. I am running this on LiveCode 7.0.4

My laptop does have LiveCode 7.0.5 and I could just compile it on there. I think that would fix the bug. Alright I'll do that. Thank you =)

Return to “Windows”