How To Uninstall 7.0.4 rc2

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

eddier

How To Uninstall 7.0.4 rc2

Post by eddier » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I installed this version of LiveCode due to v8 not working at all. I want to try an older version of 7.0 after noticing the term "STABLE" after running into an issue with the MessageBox, but there is no option to uninstall this application. It does not exist in Programs and Features (Win7 x64) to uninstall. I poked around and found a setup.exe in the program directory, but it does not seem to do anything. I searched through the registry and found all sorts of entries from LiveCode, but no reference to an uninstaller.

How do you uninstall LiveCode?

livecodesteveR

Re: How To Uninstall 7.0.4 rc2

Post by livecodesteveR » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14829

so for me on windows I would go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RunRev\LiveCode 7.0.4 (rc 2)

and double click on the file called ".setup"

This brings up the uninstall window.

Hope this helps,

Steve

tomBTG
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by tomBTG » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, on my Win7 64 machine, it's also the case that LC 7.x does not show up on the Windows Programs to Uninstall list, though previous versions of LC do. Sounds like you've found a bug/QA issue. (http://quality.runrev.com)

Searching that bug database, I saw the same issue for some older versions that got fixed.

BTW, LC 7.0.4 (rc2) has been stable on my PC so far.

Regards,
Tom Bodine

eddier

Post by eddier » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 pm

My first attempt some time ago resulted in nothing happening when I ran the .setup.exe program on the Windows x64 platform, but today it worked without any problem. Perhaps I should have restarted when it did not run the first time to flush out any background processes. Thanks for the feedback that I was on the right path, although an entry in Programs and Features sure would be nice.

Return to “Windows”