menu bars in windows

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

stan

menu bars in windows

Post by stan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:34 am

I suspect I'm being dim here but I've just created my first standalone for windows that has a menubar. My problem is stack has a dark background and the menubar only extends to the end of the last menu heading (in this case there's only file and edit) so you get this stubby little menubar at the top of the window rather than it extending the whole width of the window. Does anyone know how I can get the menu to extend the width of the window? I've tried setting the menubar group's width to the width of the window but that appears to make no difference.

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Janschenkel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 pm

The easiest way is probably to put a rectangle inside the group and stretch that to the width of your stack or some ridiculously high number (say 30000 pixels wide)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

stan

Post by stan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Cheers Jan - that sounds like a good solution but how do I actually edit a menubar group? I can see it in the application browser but can't get to it from anywhere else?

Janschenkel

Post by Janschenkel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Once you've selected it in the Application Browser, click on the 'Edit group' button in the Revolution toolbar. That should get you into group edit mode, at which point you can add a ractangle graphic and give it the right size - you'll probably want to make it opaque and set its layer to the bottom, also using the inspector palette.

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

stan

Post by stan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Cool - thanks Jan I'll give that a try

Return to “Windows”