Standalone and Explorer security warning

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

trevix

Standalone and Explorer security warning

Post by trevix » Fri May 30, 2008 10:43 am

With Window XP sp2, there is now a security warning popping out when the user launch a standalone.
Of course, for the user, this is not a great experience, specially if you are trying to sell them your software.
Beside disabling this thing in Explorer, I've read of a digital signature you must obtain in order to validate you soft on Microsoft eyes...
Anyone know about this and how to do it ?

Trevix

keyless

Re: Standalone and Explorer security warning

Post by keyless » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:57 pm

trevix wrote:With Window XP sp2, there is now a security warning popping out when the user launch a standalone.
Of course, for the user, this is not a great experience, specially if you are trying to sell them your software.
Beside disabling this thing in Explorer, I've read of a digital signature you must obtain in order to validate you soft on Microsoft eyes...
Anyone know about this and how to do it ?

Trevix
Yes, in order to not have that message (every windows version since 2000 with upgraded service packs) you would need to buy a Digital Signature. I think Tucows.com sells them the cheepest.

Return to “Windows”