Card 2 comes up Slow in standalone

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

keyless

Card 2 comes up Slow in standalone

Post by keyless » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:20 am

Using 2.8.1

I've made a standalone of my program. I have a button that goes to card 2. It works but card 2 comes up slow (maybe 2.5 seconds). After it is open the first time I can go back and forth between cards just fine. Seems to be only on first run. Doesn't happen at all running in rev. I have no card scripts and nothing but "Go to Card 2' in the button.

I made a stack of just two cards with just botton going from one to the other and a standalone of this exibits the same delay.

I've looked through the rev list and I see some posts from 2006 describing this exactly, but no work around.

Any ideas? its really slow.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Keyless,

This is a well-known problem. You might set the bufferHiddenImages to true, as well as the alwaysBuffer. I believe that as of Rev 2.9, the alwaysBuffer of the stack has no longer any effect, because the graphical engine has been changed and is now faster than in 2.8.1.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

keyless

Post by keyless » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:36 pm

thought so :cry: . I read in the 2.8.1 docs that alwaysBuffer of stack has no effect, and it looks to be set true by default anyway. I tried the bufferHiddenImages to true, and that doesn't seem to help.

oh well, if I set the cursor to watch the preception of it isn't so bad, and at least the only place I am using a second card is in my settings stack. This is most disappointing though.

Can anyone confirm this is not an issue in 2.9?

I wonder if preloading the 2nd card somehow (with lockscreen or invisible) would avoid this. Also wonder why it doesn't happen when run from rev.

keyless

Post by keyless » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:42 pm

I think I found a fix :D .

If I use Lock screen and Unlock screen in the buttons, it nullifies the delay.

I tested this on a simple 3 cards with buttons stack and it worked like a charm. now to try on my project.

Return to “Windows”