Substack inclusion

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Drisk

Substack inclusion

Post by Drisk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 pm

I have written 2 applications for learning Italian, one for verb and one for nouns. I hope to market them at www.djdrisk.com. To package them together, I have made them substacks of a main stack flash screen with two buttons to select between these apps. I have declared the substacks in the standalone preferences with their accurate addresses. I make 2 standalones of this packages - one for Macintosh and one for PC. The Mac standalone version ends up being 16+ MB in length and functions properly. Clicking on the buttons of the flash screen starts the desired substack. But the PC standalone version is only 4+ MB long. When I click on one of the buttons on its flash screen, nothing happens, as though the substacks were not included in that standalone. If it is compiled simultaneously with the Mac version, shouldn't the PC version have automatically included the substacks? I am at a total loss. Please advise.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Guten Abend, buona sera and Salve David :-)

of course there must be something wrong!
The differnece between the Mac and Win vesion should be about 3 MB and NOT 12 MB.

But I cannot tell WHAT exactly is going wrong without looking at the stack.
I would take a look on the weekend if you are willing to send me the stack.

Drop a line if you like:
klausATmajor-k.de

Best from germany

Klaus

Drisk

Non-functional email

Post by Drisk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks for your offer, Klaus. I tried to send the files to you as attachments to an email. Your address did not work. I got the message:
"The server response was: Wrong format for recipient email address."
I tried just sending an email without the attachments and the same message came up. Is it possible that your email address is misspelled? What is the best way to send you a set of files totalling about 10 MB? Can I send you a dmg file somehow containing everything?

Danke schon wieder!

Dave

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am

Hi Dave,

obviously you did not replace the AT with @ in my address, right? :-)

This is done to prevent the address to be collected by robots that search the net and webpages for mail addresses.

If you have webspace you can put the file(s) somehwere there and send me just the url, so I can download it.

This is a bit more convenient than sending large files via mail.

Best

Klaus

Return to “Windows”