LiveCode + WordPress Webinar

Are you developing tools to extend the LiveCode environment? This is the place to talk about the nuts and bolts of extending our nuts and bolts. If you want to use a LiveCode or third party Environment extension, visit the Using Evironment Extensions forum.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

ToddFabacher

LiveCode + WordPress Webinar

Post by ToddFabacher » Mon May 30, 2016 4:20 pm

We are looking as a date of Monday June 27th @ 1:00 pm NYC time [EST] for the webinar. After notes from several people, It seems that Google on air Hangouts is the best option as it allows unlimited people and will be saved on YouTube for future use. We can also use Twitter and a hash tag on Q&A. Again it is open and more inclusive.

If you have any request please post them here, and I will do my best to accommodate. We will have the code posted before the webinar so we can help with the basics when we are on the webinar.

--Todd & the DP team

dave.kilroy
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: LiveCode + WordPress Webinar

Post by dave.kilroy » Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Thanks Todd

Getting LiveCode working with WordPress is a big deal - and when you add in WooCommerce and Gravity Forms (as Todd is doing) this makes it an even bigger deal.

I'm looking forward to learning the details and have already put the session date and the time in my diary :)

Dave

PS: the funding to get the last of the stretch goals over the line (native fields, the really nice stretch goal) is still ongoing at https://livecode.com/project/infinite-l ... ld-object/ - people wanting to contribute can do so now!
"...this is not the code you are looking for..."

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Here is the link to the webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6b04AltTQ

We are going with Google, so lets hope is all works out. All updates will also be on #LiveCode, so check Twitter and you can also post questions.

ClipArtGuy

Post by ClipArtGuy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Is there an ETA on the code release, or will it be on the day of the webinar?

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

We will be on Google Hangout today for the first of two webinars. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6b04AltTQ

I will give a one hour introduction today into WordPress and how to connect and control it with LiveCode.

We have uploaded the code to git hub: https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/l ... wp-restapi

See you online,

Todd Fabacher

MWCoastMedia

Post by MWCoastMedia » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:58 pm

When will the next webinar be? Was this one recorded?

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Yes it was recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6b04AltTQ
Sorry about the quality, I have to learn to control Google on Air better. between chat and the different screens.

Yes, We will have a followup webinar in a few weeks once people have time to go over the code and formulate questions. Any questions, email me or post here. Plus we are still working on finishing up Gravity Forms UI generator in LiveCode.

--Todd

GZoltan

Post by GZoltan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm new to both LiveCode and WordPress world, so please bear with me.
First of all congrats for the whole WP related stuff, it really seems promising.
What I would like to ask though is strictly related to the webinar: there was a interruption when you was just saying something like that the current version isn't (for) version 8. Could you finish your thought here? What exactly does that mean, are there any limitations on version 8 of LiveCode. (On the webinar you were using v.8 though)
Thanks.

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Hello GZoltan,

The WP code will work with almost any version of LiveCode. It is a simple HTTP request and we have tested on both LC 7 & 8. The Sample App was created in LC8 and uses LC 8 widgets, so you will to install LC8 if you want to use the sample App. In GitHub, we uploaded script only stacks so you can simply import them into you project.

Hope this helps,

Todd

focin albert

Post by focin albert » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:54 pm

ToddFabacher wrote:Hello GZoltan,

The WP code will work with almost any version of LiveCode. It is a simple HTTP request and we have tested on both LC 7 & 8. The Sample App was created in LC8 and uses LC 8 widgets, so you will to install LC8 if you want to use the sample App. In GitHub, we uploaded script only stacks so you can simply import them into you project.

Hope this helps,

Todd
Thank you so much for your clarification because i was little confused regarding its compatibility!

NinjaSpeaker

Post by NinjaSpeaker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:25 am

ToddFabacher wrote: Sorry about the quality, I have to learn to control Google on Air better. between chat and the different screens.

Yes, We will have a followup webinar in a few weeks once people have time to go over the code and formulate questions. Any questions, email me or post here. Plus we are still working on finishing up Gravity Forms UI generator in LiveCode.

--Todd
Thanks for the YT video

Return to “Making IDE Plugins”