Setting up a Rev CGI Environment on Jaguarpc.com

Are you using LiveCode to create server scripts or CGIs?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Lynn

Setting up a Rev CGI Environment on Jaguarpc.com

Post by Lynn » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:27 pm

Thanks to Mark Wieder of AhaSoftware for these instructions on setting up your account on Jaguarpc.com to use Revolution as a CGI:

In your hosting space on Jaguarpc you will find a folder called public_html. This is where your web pages live.

Within that is a folder called cgi-bin. I took the "Linux" file from my "Revolution 2.6.1/components/engines" folder and copied it to the cgi-bin folder using my ftp client. Then I renamed it "revolution".

I then made the canonical "hello.cgi" test script file and placed it in the same cgi-bin folder.

Code: Select all

#!revolution

on startup
  put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr
  put "Hello World!"
end startup
Set the permissions of both files to 755 (I was using WS_FTP LE on Windows

Select the file, right-click to bring up a contextual menu, and select chmod, then clicked all three "execute" checkboxes).

Note: Jaguarpc uses linux servers. I created the test script on a Windows machine, so the line endings were wrong. I launched a web browser and pointed it to "www.ahsoftware.net/cgi-bin/hello.cgi". I got a server error, so I went back to the "hello.cgi" file, changed the line endings to be unix lf-only style, uploaded it again, and all was well.

Return to “CGIs and the Server”