Tracker2Go Calorie Counting App Released for iOS and Android

A place for you to show off what you have made with LiveCode

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

andyh1234

Tracker2Go Calorie Counting App Released for iOS and Android

Post by andyh1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:39 pm

Hi,

My new app, Tracker2Go calorie counter has been released for free for iOS and Android

Links are below:

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id6463267994

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... acker2gov2

Now the hard part, to get any downloads at all. Hopefully as it is free it will get some traction, but any tips on how to get downloads would be appreciated.

Its a first release so a bit light on graphics, but I wanted to put up a working example first and then expand on it if it gets any interest.

Its my first Livecode project after a few years away so as a first attempt I am quite pleased with it.

stam

Re: Tracker2Go Calorie Counting App Released for iOS and Android

Post by stam » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:08 pm

Congrats!
I contributed to downloads at least ;)
Looks very good and seems to work exactly as expected. And seems quite performant. Overall very well done!

This space is dominated by paid and freer apps (noom and MyFitnessPal respectively are 2 examples). It might be worth looking at how MFP advertises and get downloads/subscribers, I think they are the dominating app, with both free and paid tiers and their app is superb as well…

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:14 pm

Thanks, mfp is a superb and well developed app but it's not free, it has lots of paid features you have to unlock so I hope being completely free might work in my favour.

stam

Post by stam » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:49 pm

You are night - I used it back when it was completely free so it’s stuck as a free app in my mind. I think it’s still free but with in-app purchases/subscriptions.

Having just searched on the AppStore i see that are a few other contenders now. I haven’t really looked at these, I just remember testing a fairly poor app before finding MFP.

You have a very solid app - And seems to be faultless at what it does, so reasonable chance it will get some traction but usually these things need paid exposure…

While I’m on the topic, perhaps some feature requests for next version(s)?

I couldn’t see a barcode scanner for food entry - that was key to adopting MFP when I did. It makes so much easier to track foodstuffs from supermarkets! Please consider adding a barcode scanner ;)

Another great feature MFP had was a way to add user-created recipes (based on ingredients used and portions made would calculate calories/portion). Something like this would be great for those who cook!

And a bigger database means less faff for the end-user…. But I’m gonna guess that would cost….

Solid app, job well done! But as always there is room for more features ;)

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:54 pm

Thanks.

A bar code scanner was next on my list of things to do, along with a lot more images, product images, graphical representations of BMI etc, I just wanted a base to build it all on and see what traction it could get.

A few thousand users would be nice, not looking for millions, no way I could support that many!

It's a weekend project so it will be gradual, but I hope it might become something I can be proud of.

tomsve

Post by tomsve » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:39 pm

A Cronometer alternative. Very nice app - well done!

Return to “Made With LiveCode”