Cinque Ports Radio app public beta in TestFlight (iOS)

A place for you to show off what you have made with LiveCode

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

LG73

Cinque Ports Radio app public beta in TestFlight (iOS)

Post by LG73 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:13 am

My first LiveCode app submission to the iOS App Store has been approved for "beta testing" in TestFlight. For this app the beta is public with no device registration required. If you don't already have the TestFlight app (free from Apple in the App Store) installed, it will prompt for it.

Here is the link for access to the beta version: https://testflight.apple.com/join/7MYGAOCQ

I've also submitted an Android version to the Google Play store for "open testing" but at this time it's still "in review." I've already had a couple builds rejected due to one of Google's test platforms crashing with the Android app. I'll post a link in this thread when it gets approval.

The app is optimized for iPhone but will also work on iPads and on Macs with Apple Silicon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who checks out the app!
Cheers,

Phil
LG73 - Vancouver's Hit Music Mix!
http://www.LG73.ca/

stam

Re: Cinque Ports Radio app public beta in TestFlight (iOS)

Post by stam » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:05 am

Hi Phil and congrats :)

Tested on iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Works very well indeed, and pleasant to use.
Player, encores and navigation all work well.
Only one minor issue:
- in player start playing music
- switch to another section, in this case “What’s on”
- music is still playing as expected; there are play/pause buttons at top and bottom of screen
- issue: the play/pause buttons need to be clicked twice to work the first time, but after that single clicking works, it’s just the first time

Otherwise works perfectly - well done!
S.

LG73

Re: Cinque Ports Radio app public beta in TestFlight (iOS)

Post by LG73 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Player, encores and navigation all work well.
Only one minor issue:
- in player start playing music
- switch to another section, in this case “What’s on”
- music is still playing as expected; there are play/pause buttons at top and bottom of screen
- issue: the play/pause buttons need to be clicked twice to work the first time, but after that single clicking works, it’s just the first time
Hi Stam,

Thank you for the excellent feedback and kind words! The controls you see in the What's On section (and 3 other sections that are embedded parts of the station's website) are not controls for the app's player but for an embedded web player on the website. The bottom controls have been removed from those sections of the website. I'm going to try a couple different approaches to deal with the top controls. I'm using the browser widget for those sections. If cropping the view in the browser widget is an option I'll just crop out the top of those pages to remove the website player controls. If that doesn't work I'll try covering them with controls for the app's player.

I had a feeling those extraneous controls would be an issue and turns out they are! Thanks again for pointing that out.
Cheers,

Phil
LG73 - Vancouver's Hit Music Mix!
http://www.LG73.ca/

Return to “Made With LiveCode”