App in the Microsoft App Store

A place for you to show off what you have made with LiveCode

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: App in the Microsoft App Store

Post by jacque » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:36 pm

If OneDrive has a mobile API it should work.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 pm

I'll look into that - cheers.
I've Created it with Live Code, I've published it - that's the easy bit done, but how the hell do I get people to download it :?

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:49 pm

Firebase looks interesting Stam - another learning curve than have to wait though.

Do you use it ?
I've Created it with Live Code, I've published it - that's the easy bit done, but how the hell do I get people to download it :?

stam

Post by stam » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:08 pm

MrAlobar wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:49 pm
Firebase looks interesting Stam - another learning curve than have to wait though.

Do you use it ?
No not really. I am aware of it because it’s often recommended for use with Flutter - and is a way to provide notifications on android or some such… at some point I created an API key for it when I was playing around with Flutter. Might be interesting to see how usable it is with LC, but not really aware of anyone that’s done that…

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:58 pm

I've not created any API keys yet - a completely new topic for me.
Hopefully I'll be able to get my head around it.

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:58 pm

Download and install went smooth. Pretty neat application. Just played around with it a bit and created some notes. Suspect it is right in front of me but how do you delete a note?

I have a note app that i built as well, not nearly as fancy as yours, but I use a data grid and have a date created and due date columns that you can sort which i think would be helpful if you start getting a number of notes added into yours.

the auto hide feature you have is slick freeing up your screen space. I will have to try to figure out how to do that.

Nice job!

Lance

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Thanks Lance, I appreciate the feedback and kind words.

Sorting is definitely something I'm going to add in, you are absolutely right, it could do with it.

To delete a note you just delete the content - empty files are deleted when you return to the list view; this approach negates a button. Likewise there is no Save button, files are saved whenever the focus is removed from the field, along with a few other triggers.

The autohide took a bit working out, although it seems easy in hindsight. I suspect there are a few other ways to achieve it other than what I came up with.

Let me know how you get on, I'm happy to share what I did, but of course half the fun of Livecode is trying to work it out and it would be interesting to compare approaches when you've developed yours.

I have EdgeNotes v2 in development, I've added a few features and tightened up a few things. I've also added multiscreen support, so now you can move it from the main screen to screen 1 or 2.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:58 pm

Hello MrAlobar,

thanks for the reply. Tested just deleting the content and that worked well. I looked a bit further and you do call that out in the user experience, I should have caught that.

I will make some time soon to try to auto hide and share what i come up with -or- ask you for some help:).

on sorting, I have been trying to work with PolyGrid lately, that could be a good widget to handle the notes list and sorting. I have a example stack I built to help me learn some of the features. Let me know if interested and more than happy to share it.

I will get back on MS Store and get a rating posted for you as well.

thanks.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:09 pm

Hello Jay,

I received your PM note but system will not let me reply to it. I have not used this forum very much and sounds like i need to have more posts before i can do the private messages.

thx.

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:16 pm

I didn't know about that restriction. No problem.
Thanks for letting me know Lance.

Return to “Made With LiveCode”