Web Calendar

A place for you to show off what you have made with LiveCode

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

scott_morrow
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Web Calendar

Post by scott_morrow » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:30 am

Calendar Events is an MIT licensed, ready-to-use tool that will produce a dynamically created, responsive web calendar. By using a web server with the LiveCode server engine installed, this collection of files (and a LiveCode app) can help you quickly create a web page with a nice-looking calendar. To create event data for the calendar, use the prebuilt Macintosh or Windows application (or alternatively, use the raw .livecode file in the IDE.) Rather than post all the links and descriptive what-nots here on the forum, this link will take you to a more robust dedicated page:

https://www.elementarysoftware.com/live ... vents.html

The attached images just show the calendar by itself but it can easily be wrapped in a custom site.
Attachments
app_screenshot_small.png
calendar_screenshot_iphone_small.png
calendar_screenshot_small.png
Elementary Software
...now with 20% less chalk dust!

SparkOut

Re: Web Calendar

Post by SparkOut » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:17 am

Looks very nice Scott, thank you for this.
I tried your demo calendar on my phone, and notice that using the navigation arrows to go back a month cause a reload of the whole page, which means scrolling down to the calendar from the top every time. Is there a way to mitigate that?

scott_morrow

Re: Web Calendar

Post by scott_morrow » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:15 am

Good catch! Thank you. I hadn't noticed that because I only tested it on a couple sites, none of which require significant scrolling. I'm not much of an html/css person so while I don't know what it is off the top of my head, I'm sure that there is a solution. I will report back with an update when I figure it out (Sorry for the late reply. I'm mostly a useList reader and only starting to become familiar with the forums)
Elementary Software
...now with 20% less chalk dust!

Return to “Made With LiveCode”