(Testers wanted for) MölkkyMaster - a score tracking app

Post by SWEdeAndy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Edit 15 Oct:
MölkkyMaster is now available in the App Store:
https://apple.co/3p9CFz5

Thanks to all testers!

-----------------------
Hi all,

I’m about to release my new mobile app "MölkkyMaster" (name changed since topic started), made with LiveCode, but I naturally want some external testers first to catch whatever I’ve missed.

The app is used for tracking the score when playing the outdoor throwing game Mölkky. The game is popular in some Nordic countries, France and a few other countries. It originates from Finland.

Anyway, you don’t need to play Mölkky, or even have a clue how to, to help me test the app. Just create a few players and start a game. Then assign random score to the players until someone reaches 50 points.

The app is multilingual, currently English, French and Swedish. German and Finnish is in the works. The app talks, and you can select different voices relevant to the language chosen.

There are a few Mölkky scoring apps around already, but none of them has voice announcements (which is quite useful when playing Mölkky), and the only other multilingual one (the offical one, from the company that sells Mölkky sets) is the crappiest one in every other aspect.

So my app has some unique selling points that I hope will be appreciated among Mölkky players. :D

To test it, you need an iPhone or iPad and the TestFlight app installed. Then use this link to download the app:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/c8gKjIRJ

I'll now start the wrestling match with the Android SDK to also squeeze an Android version out, eventually... :)

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andreas
Last edited by SWEdeAndy on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andreas Bergendal
Independent app and system developer
WhenInSpace: https://wheninspace.se

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Testers wanted for Mölkky ScoreTab - a score tracking app

Post by richmond62 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:28 pm

Sorry, no iPhone and no iPad, but Mölkky
sounds like good fun.
-
Mölkky.jpeg

A3jaan

Post by A3jaan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi Andreas,

First of all, sorry for my bad English.
It was about 45 years ago that I learned English at school.

Occaisonly I was searching on the Internet for a good app for playing Molkky. I downloaded several apps, but I did not like anything. Then I ‘googled’ and I red your question to test your app.

I tested your app a few times. I must say: It works great!! Your app is exact the one I am looking for. Especially the possibility’s with ‘Settings’ gives several opportunity’s. Example: Order per round.

When is your app availible in the App-store?

Kind regards,

Adrian,
The Netherlands.

SWEdeAndy
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by SWEdeAndy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi Adrian,

I'm very happy you like the app! :D

I will leave some more time for testers to find any bugs, and add some languages, but within a week or two I will publish it in the App Store.
I intend to make it a free app at the moment. If I develop it further, with team play etc, then maybe that version might be a paying app, depending on the interest among 'professional' players.

If there are many players in the Netherlands, then I'll try to get it translated into Dutch as well!

Greetings from Stockholm,
Andreas
Andreas Bergendal
Independent app and system developer
WhenInSpace: https://wheninspace.se

Return to “Made With LiveCode”