Where is mergDataGridScroller?

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

swimitup

Where is mergDataGridScroller?

Post by swimitup » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Where do I find the control mergDataGridScroller, from mergExt, to download? I've went to the website, to the LiveCode products page, and I'm not able to find anything about it.
I'm just looking for it because the native scroller is not working at all with the datagrid group in LiveCode 8.1.

Mikey
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Where is mergDataGridScroller?

Post by Mikey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:18 pm

You probably should email monte (monte@appisle.net) to see where he put the latest version, because I don't see it, either.

swimitup

Post by swimitup » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:58 pm

If you need, just like I did, here's some place for you to download.
Attachments
mergDataGridScroller-1.3.1.zip
(44.81 KiB) Downloaded 504 times

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:02 am

Are you sure that's the current version? Also, watch the version you use. One of the newer ones scrolls the column titles off the screen.

SWEdeAndy

Post by SWEdeAndy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:52 am

The version posted above does indeed have the issue that column titles are scrolled off the screen.
Does anyone have an earlier version that doesn't, and could you then please share it here? Or a link to where it can be downloaded?
I've thoroughly searched the web for it, to no avail...
Andreas Bergendal
Independent app and system developer
WhenInSpace: https://wheninspace.se

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:57 pm

A couple of options for you:
1) Look up Bernd's modTableField as a DG replacement. It's very fast, and doesn't suffer from some of these issues (but it is more simple, i.e. lacking some of the more advanced DG features).
2) Here is what I THINK is the v. 1.2 mergDataGridScroller code. This is what I use for my dg scroller b/c of the header issues. Note I also made at least one addition, marked with "mikey". If I remember correctly, after you have the mergDataGridScroller in place, you can just replace the code with the code in the file, below.

Please check to ensure that this is indeed doing what you want. I have several versions of the code.
Attachments
mergDataGridScroller Bahavior.zip
(3.95 KiB) Downloaded 468 times

SWEdeAndy

Post by SWEdeAndy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks a lot for this quick response, Mikey.

I tried your version and it solved the column title scrolling. Unfortunately, it broke something else which I've so far been unable to debug. The scrolling works fine at first, as does the selectionChanged handler I use when clicking/touching a line in the data grid. It moves the DG out of sight to display detailed data. When moving it back into sight again, the DG (sometimes) no longer responds to scrolling, but interprets any touch as selectionChanged. The error doesn't happen all the time, so it's hard to see exactly what causes it. I'll keep testing but...

...what you supplied regarding alternatives to DG is very interesting, and I will look into that as it may be a better and simpler solution for me in the current situation.
In the documentation for Bernd's modTableField (v0.3.2), however, I get a little worried by this sentence: "Currently modTableField is for use on desktop systems. Not mobile." In that case it would not be relevant to the mobile problem that mergDataGridScroller addresses, right? (I'll give it a try anyway.)

But you put me on an interesting track, and further searching brought me to Scott Rossi's TableLab, where it says "It should work on both desktop and mobile.".
So, I'll try that first, I think.
Andreas Bergendal
Independent app and system developer
WhenInSpace: https://wheninspace.se

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Email Bernd. There is also a mobile version that is in beta.

Return to “Using Externals”