revBrowser code

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rumplestiltskin

revBrowser code

Post by rumplestiltskin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 pm

I've used the revBrowser example from the web (copying and pasting the code into the card and the button as directed) but I seem to be getting a strange result. The first time I use the button to point to a PDF file, it loads into the image object and all functions seem to work. However, when I then use the same button to load a different PDF, it appears in the object but a scrollbar appears on the right side of the newly displayed PDF and, when I use it, it brings up the first PDF and no amount of clicking will re-display the second PDF. When I look at the Source of the object (the filename), it never changes from the path of the first PDF. I'm working around this issue for the moment by re-sending an openCard event which seems redundant.

When I open the Browser Sampler example stack, it immediately starts popping up many script errors so that's no good for learning.

Anyone have a really simple -working- revBrowser example stack that would let one open a PDF and then open another in the same object without retaining any "history"(?) of the previous PDF?

Thanks,
Barry

rumplestiltskin

Re: revBrowser code

Post by rumplestiltskin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:55 am

Well, now it seems to work. Running Indy 7.1 under Win7. I double-checked that I'm using the exact code detailed on the tutorial page
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/15 ... pdf-in-rev
...and all the quirky behavior is gone. I'm now thinking this was strictly a PEBKAC error as I seem to recall manually setting the Source (filename) in the browser image object during my try anything once period following the initial failure.

BTW: Congrat's to Klaus (and thanks for all your help over the years)!

Barry

Return to “Using Externals”