WILL LIVE CODE WORK AFTER BREXIT?

A place to move threads out of public view, but better than deleting when we may want to review them later.

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

ivan779757

WILL LIVE CODE WORK AFTER BREXIT?

Post by ivan779757 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:45 am

my dear friends, please excuse my english, it is very crazy. rest easy, do not stress; not even for one moment!

my name is ivan and i am original from serbia. i like live code so very nice!

here is my question about live code.

last saturday night, i am sit in bar with my friend gregori, we drink our beer drink. gregori is employ as programme compute, and has very large knowledge about the computer. window, mac, linux, he know everythings!

gregori turn to me, he said ‘hey idiot, did you know that live code do not work after brexit?’

now, my feelings are (as usual), i have anger supreme when i hear this informations. i stand up and shout at gregori in a harsh and forceful manner ‘WHAT YOU SAY?’

gregori make his repeat, he say their is program code in live code that is europe, and when brexit happen eu will not allow a program compute to be used outside eu, if it have europe code in it?

is this story real life, or is it all just a dreamses? if live code do not work after brexit, i will have anger supreme.

but i won’t get scared at all…

Klaus

Re: WILL LIVE CODE WORK AFTER BREXIT?

Post by Klaus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 am

Dobar dan Ivan,

don't take it personally, but that is the stupidest question I heard so far!
And, by the way, Livecode is from Scotland (Edinburgh), don't tell them they are british! :D

Best

Klaus

sphere

Post by sphere » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:55 pm

I think they will cut all internet cables thru the canal...

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Is Ivan's conversation real, or is it Memorex? There be the question.

Scripting bots might end with Brexit maybe?

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Ivan, ask Gregori if he works on Savushkina Street. Without any explanation offered by him or even requested by you, the claim sounds like provokatsiya.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Over here, in Bulgaria, there are lots of rude jokes about Serbians.

And, as, in the last 15 years, the ONLY interactions I've had with Serbians (all in Serbia) have always been negative (either trying to get bribes out of me, or road-rage attacks), they do not occupy pole position on my list of favourite people.

The posting at the top of this discussion merely serves to support my stereotype of Serbians.

Having said that, I feel that I must state that the Macintosh computer agent in Dubai when I lived in Al Ain, UAE, was a model of politeness, friendliness and everything else positive. 8)

And, as an expatriate Scot, I regard LiveCode as a flagship of Scottish exports, and I hope and pray that
Scotland (whose people voted against Brexit) will not be dragged down into some sort of business sinkhole
by the English playing their everlasting British Empire game.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:26 pm

Names have a way of crossing borders, so one should not read too much into names alone. That said, "Ivan" and "Gregori" are far more common in Russian-influenced countries than in Serbia.

FWIW the OP's IP appears to come from a VPN exit node in the UK. Of course there are many legitimate reasons to use a VPN, but unless one is working for a UK-based corporation a better VPN location would be any other nation with fewer data sharing agreements with local jurisdiction. Choosing an exit node in the UK seems, at least on the surface, an attempt to appear related to a "friendly" location more than the sort of privacy interest normally motivating VPN use.

A true professional actually working in St Petersburg would make better use of local idioms, and at least choose an exit node whose location fits the story.

But there are many contacting opportunities wherever there are people looking for work, and many require only modest skills.

If the OP does not explain himself within a few days I'll remove this seeming provokatsiya thread.
Richard Gaskin

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 pm

FourthWorld wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:26 pm
If the OP does not explain himself within a few days I'll remove this seeming provokatsiya thread.
I don't know (or want to) what that word means, but sounds good to me :D

*Edit - I found out what it meant, but still sounds good to moi :P

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 am

I know what that means, and, Yes: chuck it out.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:24 pm

If you take a close look at "provokatsiya ", it is really not difficult to guess what it means!

bogs

Post by bogs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm

I dunno about that one, I've come across many words that look like they would be easy to guess, but turned out completely different later on. "Doichka" comes to mind :mrgreen:

In this case, It looked good to me, as I said, but I did take the time to look it up to make sure :P

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:49 pm

That said, "Ivan" and "Gregori" are far more common in Russian-influenced countries than in Serbia.
Very, very funny indeed.

Serbia is very largely oriented towards Russia.

As "Ivan" and "Gregori" are Slavic names they are (especially "Ivan") as "common as muck" in
Slavic countries (particularly Orthodox Slavic countries.

I honestly don't know where you got the idea that Serbia is not Russian-influenced: that's
about the funniest remarks I've heard about the Balkans for the last 28 years.

http://www.aalep.eu/russian-influence-serbia

It is always a good idea to do a spot of homework before sounding off about places outwith your ken.

"There are 110 registered nongovernmental organizations, associations and media outlets
that appeared to be directly connected to the Russian lobby in Serbia."

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm

I was trying to be as generous as possible. I had done only a quick search for common names in Serbia and a few others; while many names are common in many places, neither Ivan nor Gregori are in the top 20 in Serbia, while they are in RU.

Serbia's internal mix of stances is indeed not my main area of study. Thank you for your input there. The main point is that even if that part of the OP was honest, the IP address doesn't match the claim.

Your post reinforces my sense that the OP is outsourced provokatsiya.

And now that you've reminded me of this, expect this thread to go away later today....
Richard Gaskin

bogs

Post by bogs » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 pm

10....9..... :twisted:

Return to “Admin Archive”