Seeking help to repair details in a multi-stack diary

This is the place to offer or seek development services - offer to build apps for others or find a developer to work for you

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

kresten

Seeking help to repair details in a multi-stack diary

Post by kresten » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:55 pm

Dear Livecoders

I write to you concerning an application, which I have developed ( with several helpers) . The nature of this application, which is meant to be freeware and primarily as standalones, is explained in detail in www.phenomenalog.dk. I have personally been using this diary-program every day the last 7+ years. I have been postponing the final standaloning because there was - and is- a few features, which doesnt work. The most crucial is in a substack for users to develop their own mindmaps. There is an introductory example, but when user try to create a new mindmap, and click a field named "Mindmap Palette" they get the response: "The frontscript for this palette hasn´t been loaded.

There are also a few possible improvements: There is an option to write into days of a weekcalendar stack but the button to go back to the diary does not automatically save what was added.

I hope to contact a livecoder who understands the context as explained in www.phenomenalog.dk and can help me.
I will reply to a mail by attaching the best clone. I am 88 years old and live in Copenhagen with my wife.

Best regards
Kresten Bjerg

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Seeking help to repair details in a multi-stack diary

Post by richmond62 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:42 am

I remember giving you a bit of help with this 21 years ago, when I was in Scotland; so it is logical that I should
continue this work . . .

The first problem is that your Macintosh version appears to be for 32-bit Macintosh, which my machine (MacOS 13) cannot open.

I assume (?) that you are using an earlier version than LC Community 9.6.3; as that version CANNOT produce a 64-bit version.

Please can you send me the stack (so I can make myself a 64-bit Mac standalone & be able to edit the source stack) at
this email address: richmondmathewson@gmail.com.

Be warned, as my father died at 86 five years ago I may have to adopt you as my new father. 8)

Best, Richmond Mathewson.

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:44 am

Oh, and while I am here: are the glyphs now available as scaleable SVG images (very good for people who may not have 100% vision):
this would certainly be very useful.

Richmond.

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:16 pm

Another thing I noticed on the website

[which, by its design seems horribly outdated]

is this:

"We have problems with Linux version,

anybody who will help should mail kresten.bjerg at psy.ku.dk"

http://www.phenomenalog.dk/downloads.htm

As I spend about half of my 'computer life' working with Linux, and Linux IS a very good way to breathe new life into old machines [pace my father's old 32-bit laptop from 2003 running very well indeed on Debian 11], that is something I could also address.

Return to “Developer Services Marketplace”