Wanted Developer for app to read Creation date of a Contact in iOS Contacts

This is the place to offer or seek development services - offer to build apps for others or find a developer to work for you

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jmm123

Wanted Developer for app to read Creation date of a Contact in iOS Contacts

Post by jmm123 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:02 am

Hi,

I am looking for a Developer to write an app to retrieve the Creation and Modified date of a Contact in iOS Contacts.

I believe there are some functions which might be able to do this in the dictionary.

*** I can also get a developer to do this in XCODE BUT he is not interested to do anything with LIVECODE. So I wonder if the XCODE part could be reverse engineered to work with livecode or build an extension by someone more versant in Livecode?

Please private message me if you wish.

Thanks,

John

jmm123

Re: Wanted Developer for app to read Creation date of a Contact in iOS Contacts

Post by jmm123 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:20 am

I now have an XCODE app developed that will retrieve the CREATION date of a contact. Very simple and runs on my iPhone .

I wonder if this code is easily adapted to write an extension that will help a LIVECODE app do the same.

Anyone willing to take a look?

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:55 am

If the code isn't meant to stay private, you could certainly post it here or, if you make I think 2 more posts, you could pm it to me and I'll take a look. If I managed to write anything against it, though, testing would be up to you as I don't have the facilities to do that part of it.

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello jmm, I am posting here just to let others know I wasn't able to solve your request, hopefully someone more into developing for iOs will be able to look into it for you. Sorry I did not update this thread when I had told you in pm :oops:

Anyway, the closest I could find in Lc was "mobileGetContactData", which gives you an array of the contact data Lc accesses, but doesn't appear to include creation date. You might try it anyway, though, and see exactly what is included, I have no idea how complete the entry is.

Return to “Developer Services Marketplace”