No replication tab in phpMyAdmin of cPanel

This is the place to discuss the LiveCode Hosting service.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

montymay

No replication tab in phpMyAdmin of cPanel

Post by montymay » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:48 am

I have a MySQL database running on a a server connected to a LAN at work. I access it and manage it with a front end application written in LiveCode. I want to synchronize the database with a duplicate database I created on the hosting service LiveCodeHosting aka jasmine.on-rev.com. The LAN database will be the master and the cPanel database will be the slave. I want to do this so that I can in turn synchronize a duplicate database on my laptop with the cPanel database. (The IT guys at work won't help me to connect my laptop to the LAN.) But the cPanel phpMyAdmin has no replication tab. I read somewhere it was removed. I also read that a workaround might be installing phpMyAdmin in cPanel, but I think the hosting service probably would not allow that. Can the Jasmine administrators allow replication upon request. I could and will ask them if no suggested solutions here. I heard about using the dump technique but it seems to require much more time. I want to synchronize daily. I hope I made my problem clear. Thank you for your suggestions or comments.

Monty

Return to “LiveCode Hosting”