Location of the live code-server file on cPanel

This is the place to discuss the LiveCode Hosting service.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

RockyHeuft

Location of the live code-server file on cPanel

Post by RockyHeuft » Thu May 11, 2017 7:32 am

Hello all,

I am working on LiveCode server provided by LiveCode Hosting. As I get more comfortable I can see wanting to use LiveCode for my batch processing. I have looked on the server (via a terminal connection) for the live code server program. I've entered whereis lc-server, livecode-server and several other variations. I have looked under the /usr/bin directory and didn't see name that looked close.

Can anyone please help me find what to put on my first line of my livecode script (#!/usr/bin/env lc-server)? Do I need to install a version of LiveCode on the server? When I come in through a URL I can get my script to execute. I'd like to be able to execute from the command line and leave the browser out of it.

Regards, Rocky

RockyHeuft

Re: Location of the live code-server file on cPanel

Post by RockyHeuft » Fri May 12, 2017 4:12 am

Hi all,

I downloaded the community-server edition and I now have command line access.

Thanks, Rocky

montymay

Post by montymay » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Hello

I don't know whether this question belongs here or in the beginner's forum. The question of this subject does not seem to have been answered. I too have an account with livecodehosting.com and have read that LiveCode Server has been pre-installed, but my search did not confirm that it is there. I tried to execute sample no. 2 at http://samples.on-rev.com/basic.irev, enclosing it in the tags "<?lc" and "?>", but it did not work for me. So I write for any tips or pointers about how to begin using LiveCode Server. Confirming it is installed and how to connect to it would be the first steps. Thanks for any replies.

Monty May

ClipArtGuy

Post by ClipArtGuy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:17 pm

It should work as long as your pages are saved as .lc files instead of HTML. I just uploaded this simple test to my site on LiveCode Hosting (tio), and it seems to work as expected.

Code: Select all

<?lc

put "Hello World!"&"<br>"& the date &"<br>" & the time

?>  
https://www.probablyusererror.com/helloworld.lc

montymay

Post by montymay » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks ClipArtGuy. The correct extension of ".lc" was what was missing. The journey in LC Server begins.

Return to “LiveCode Hosting”