Navigator 7.2rc1 is available

Interested in using the many environmental add-ons and extensions from LiveCode and third parties to the flexible LiveCode environment? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

geoffcanyon

Navigator 7.2rc1 is available

Post by geoffcanyon » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:03 am

As usual, you can get Navigator here. Or grab it from GitHub.

For details read the release notes, but briefly this:

-- fixes the color sets being borked by an earlier release.
-- significantly improves the relayering code -- again.
-- -- It was a minor thing, but it should now be possible to have a group be the topmost object, and drag a control below it in Navigator's list, and have the control *not* placed into the group, which is now consistent with the behavior in any other circumstance.
-- -- Also, there were circumstances where Navigator would start editing a group to place a control into the group, and then fail, leaving the group in edit mode. This should now be fixed.
-- -- Finally, the relayering code has again been simplified. Details below if anyone is curious -- it's weird.

If you find any bugs, file them here.

----------------------------------------------------

To achieve uniform behavior with the simplest code, here are (most of) the relayering steps in pseudo LC:

Code: Select all

set relayergroupedcontrols to true
set layer to 1 -- this gets the control out of any groups it is in
set relayergroupedcontrols to false
set layer to 9999999 -- the control is now at the highest level
if target is group then
   set relayergroupedcontrols to true
   set the layer to 1 + the layer of the target group -- the control is now in the group
   set relayergroupedcontrols to false
   start editing group
   set layer to 9999999 -- the control is now at the highest level of the group
end if
if targetobject is not empty -- the object to place the control just under -- if empty, the control should remain at the top
    then set the layer to the layer of the targetobject -- works whether editing a group or not 
if target is group
    then stop editing group -- need to make sure to use a "background" reference
This doesn't include the logic for using the option key to move/copy if the control is from another card, or duplicate/move if from the same card.

Also important to use simple references that don't include the full hierarchy of groups, since that will fail while editing a group.

geoffcanyon

Re: Navigator 7.2rc1 is available

Post by geoffcanyon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:31 am

7.2.1rc1 is available

There is now a checkbox in the prefs to fold dataGrids by default. Also, I fixed the custom property editor to work even if custom properties have the same name as built-in properties, updated the display of folded controls, and updated Navigator's property editor to do a soft display update when setting values, so changing the name of controls will be reflected when the editor is closed.

Fixes:
https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator/issues/27
https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator/issues/26
https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator/issues/24

Updates:
https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator/issues/19

bogs

Post by bogs » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 am

geoffcanyon wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:31 am
even if custom properties have the same name as built-in properties
You know I stand in awe of the way this works, and the rest of it sounds great as well, but isn't this a bad idea?

liveme

Post by liveme » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:29 pm

Hi geoff,
I'm looking for to "save" some background colors I'd assign by "Col Field" just to some specific Dgrid "cells".
I could code the bkg color modif..but not the "save" feature, they get all reseted on the next reload
would you know possible ways to do that ?
either using a sqlite or text file db to store properties to be reloaded each time, I'd guess

thanks for any sug. :wink:

Return to “Using Plugins for Customizing the LiveCode IDE”