Saving as HTML5 Standalone issues?

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

LeProfBard

Saving as HTML5 Standalone issues?

Post by LeProfBard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:13 pm

When I save my stacks as HTML5 standalones, and then load them on the LC server and run them, they end up being older versions of the stacks (that I obviously don't want). When I create a Windows or Mac standalone from the same .livecode files, the output is the correct version. If I run the html file using the "test" function--I get the correct version. It's when I upload to the LC server and run the html file from there that I get the old, incorrect versions. What do I need to do? (clear a cache or something?, but the file names change each time). It seems like the standalone generator is not grabbing the correct version when it should be. [LC Business v951].
Thanx,
LePB

LeProfBard

Re: Saving as HTML5 Standalone issues?

Post by LeProfBard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Ok, so further testing confirms this seems to be a cache issue in my browser. Even though the file names are changed, the last instance of the remote file that is launched is always displayed (Chrome, Mac). So, I can work around this by keeping a second browser ready, just for testing purposes.

And, I guess, this post should be slid over into the LiveCode Hosting thread (?).
Thanks to all who looked at this,
LePB

kdjanz

Re: Saving as HTML5 Standalone issues?

Post by kdjanz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 pm

Many browsers allow you to enable a developer mode that gives you extra options or controls. On Safari, a new Develop menu appears next to Bookmarks and one of the options there is Empty Caches with it's own shortcut hotkey. This would streamline your workflow a lot I think :P

Return to “HTML5”