HTML coding help for a newbie

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

oneeyefrail

HTML coding help for a newbie

Post by oneeyefrail » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:43 am

Hi ,so im a complete newbie here so please excuse my lack of knowledge or perhaps stupidity with this question :).
Had a bare bones website made and just changing little things and learning as i go along,running on wordpress with the bridge theme,so my 2 questions are

1) I'm trying to make a specific word in a sentence flip from 1 to another then to another in html5 ,searched the internet and tried various pre written code but it doesn't seem to work ,only shows the writing? what am i doing wrong ?

2)Next thing i want to do is put a specific word in a sentence with a linear gradient of 3 different colour's (red/green & yellow) and having that in a sentence to, followed guides but it just shows the writing also ?

Been a lot of trial and error but these are the only 2 things i'm struggling with ,

thanks in advance and hope that all makes sense :)

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: HTML coding help for a newbie

Post by richmond62 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:58 pm

To be honest I'm not sure what this has to do with LiveCode.

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't. One Eye, welcome here but I don't believe you will be able to get much help in the way you want.

While LiveCode does have a way to produce HTML5 content to embed in a web page, it is not fully developed yet, and certainly not a method used in a typical WordPress themed site.

oneeyefrail

Post by oneeyefrail » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 am

told you i was a newbie ;), i found the solution anyway and couldnt delete the post but thank you for replying ,

Return to “HTML5”