I've got a rev app I've been working on in my spare time for months now and was very near release when rev4 came out (I'm on 3.5 normally). I downloaded the trial and installed it to see what was new, especially the new dynamic image effects. Very handy, simple to use, all is well there.
Unfortunately, something must have changed in a serious way in the DB library, at least wrt sqlite. A dead-simple "select a_field from a_table where the_ID=" & myID & ";" type of query no longer works at all. I'm getting the dreaded invalid cursorID error, which makes no sense because just a couple lines previously I got and ANSWERED out a normal, good connection ID.
So my script, which was working perfectly in 3.5, is barfing for no good reason that I can tell in 4.0, and my code didn't change by even 1 character. Is this merely trial version weirdness or have I stumbled into something more serious?
I don't think you'll need it, but here is some sample code that is not working in 4.0 but is just peachy in 3.5 (note that there are some debugging stubs left in it):
Code: Select all
... other script code... put "my_file/path/to/dbfile.db" into theDBPath put revOpenDatabase("sqlite",theDBPath,,,,,,) into tConID //answer "Connection: " & tConID if tConID is "" then answer warning "Problem creating or accessing database (Initial Load)!" else //answer information "DB Connected! Your connection ID is: " & tConID put tConID into gConID // get global variables from the DB which record the "last working state" of everything put "SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE myRecID=1" into tSQL put revQueryDatabase(tConID,tSQL) into tResultID //answer tSQL & cr & cr & tResultID put revDatabaseColumnNamed(tResultID,"oneOfMyFields") into gSomeVariableName ... more unrelated code ...