noSQL databases

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

albertucho

noSQL databases

Post by albertucho » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:56 pm

It could be possible to fully separate algorithm and data in livecode by using a nonSQL database like orientdb o couchdb?

I' starting the design of an app to store knowledge links and personal, private notes, like you do with a filed noteboke or a lab notebook, for studens.

For mi first prototype I'm using a Bakery analogy where the formulas and parameters are simplier.

The student navigate the web and the application parser the web date looking for microformats, json-dl etc. to extract the formulation and practice process. From the navigation you get data, author and URI reference. student will choose one to the today lab and start doin it by also anotating his experiment output and comment.

This structured information i would like to stored in a database nonSQL, Is that possible with Livecode?

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: noSQL databases

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:00 pm

There is a CouchDB library for LiveCode discussed here, with a link to its GitHub repository:
viewtopic.php?t=24925

The author also discusses using it in this video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QcKhi-RjbLE

You may also enjoy learning about LiveCloud, in some ways similar to document DBs but with SQL-like joins and a few other handy things, provided in a convenient hosted service:
https://livecloud.io/
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

albertucho

Re: noSQL databases

Post by albertucho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:18 am

Thanks so much. Very useful.

Return to “Databases”