FM Migrator Pro -- Table Error -- no primary key in FM 6 DB

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

WayPastInk

FM Migrator Pro -- Table Error -- no primary key in FM 6 DB

Post by WayPastInk » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi. I am working in Rev. STudio 3 with the latest FM Migrator Pro Developer version. I am using a recipe DB to learn the process of FM migration. The FM version is FM 6. Win XP. Converting to SQLite.

The issue is that even though there is an ID field in FM ( Recipe ID, number, auto-enter Serial, Can't Modify Auto) FM Migrator Pro throws an error during table making. The error says that there isn't a primary key identified.

I have used the FM Migrator Pro table script viewer to make the new Recipe ID field the primary key but even though this creates a table with a primary key in the target SQLite it doesn't satisfy the error checking needs of FM Migrator Pro.

How do I fix the FM 6 recipe ID field in FM so that it is the primary key and avoid this issue?

Thank you
Mark MacKenzie
Art Conservator
Alcalde, NM

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Janschenkel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:22 am

Welcome to the Revolution! Once you get the hang of it, you'll find it more powerful than FileMaker, and infinitely more flexible.

While FM Migrator is built using Revolution, it is an add-on and while some users here may use it, you're not guaranteed an answer.
Have you tried looking at the support pages on their website, or emailing their support team (support1@dotcomsolutionsinc.net)?

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

WayPastInk

Post by WayPastInk » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Janschenkel wrote: Have you tried looking at the support pages on their website, or emailing their support team (support1@dotcomsolutionsinc.net)?

Jan Schenkel.
Hi Jan. Thank you for the welcome and the pointers. I will contact FM Migrator. I had crawled through their support docs previously. They need to clean up their example documents. It seems to me that there are the result of an evolving development process and they are sometimes a bit confusing.

Thank you once again.

Mark
Mark MacKenzie
Art Conservator
Alcalde, NM

Return to “Databases”