revBrowserOpen - MS Teams Not Compatible IE

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

burkec

revBrowserOpen - MS Teams Not Compatible IE

Post by burkec » Sat May 22, 2021 10:28 am

Hi folks,
I'm having a problem with revBrowserOpen and hope someone might have a suggestion please?
I have a program with a browser in it. I can access other websites and login to portals etc., but I am trying to login to MS Teams using revBrowserOpen or revBrowserOpenCef on Windows. I get the error that Teams is no longer compatible with IE 11 (internet Explorer 11).
To resolve this, I removed IE (is Systems Features) from Windows 10, installed Chrome and made this default program. When I deploy to Windows using either revBrowserOpenCef/revBrowserOpen it will either not display the Teams login page (or any websites), or will display the error that Teams is not compatible with IE.
I understand that revBrowserOpenCef uses the Chrome browser webkit and opens a Chrome based browser, but this won't work at all (it's blank) and revBrowserOpen uses the IE browser for PCs.
Have you any ideas on how to get Teams working in the Browser on PC?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Colin

Klaus

Re: revBrowserOpen - MS Teams Not Compatible IE

Post by Klaus » Sat May 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi Colin,

did you try this with the browser widget?

Best

Klaus

burkec

Post by burkec » Sat May 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi Klaus,
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did use the widget before I used revBrowser but when I run it before deploying (building it on Mac) it was a white blank, so I never deployed to Windows to test. I've just done that now and IT'S WORKING! THANK YOU for your help. I can login to the Teams Group and see the files.

Of course, now I have another problem. :(
I'm trying to play video clips from the Teams group and it's won't play. The message is "This video can't be played in this browser. Try using a different browser or downloading the video and playing in a video app" Unfortunately, downloading is not an option for project reasons. Would you have any suggestions on what I can do (if anything)? Can I embed something to make it play? I've tested it out with .MP4, .AVI and .MOV versions of test videos. MP4's and AVIs ask to download message and .MOVs play but the screen is blank and no audio either.

As always, thanks a mil for your help!!
Colin

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Sat May 22, 2021 6:43 pm

Just in case, and it's worth a try if you ask me, but no certainty, the video playing might be down to codecs. Search here for K-Lite codec pack and you'll see some threads which mention it with links.

burkec

Post by burkec » Sun May 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Thank you SparkOut, I'll give that a try. I'll come back and let you folks know how if goes. Thanks, Colin

burkec

Post by burkec » Mon May 24, 2021 10:49 am

Hi all,
I tried installing in order K-lite Basic, Standard, Full and Mega (with restarts after each install) and unfortunately I still can't view .mp4 (or avi/movs) in 32 or 64 windows deployment on the Brower object. I tried with Mac too (just to see, we need a Windows version), and the login to Teams is fine, but then just goes white screen. I've also tested that I can login directly with Chrome and all formats play fine. Would anyone have any other suggestions I can try.
Thanks mil,
Colin

Return to “Internet”