Unexpected failure with "put URL"

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cvandyke

Unexpected failure with "put URL"

Post by cvandyke » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:57 pm

I have a utility stack that I use to capture data from a webpage that contains schedule data. The part that's failing:

Code: Select all

libUrlSetSSLVerification false
   put url (fld "schedule_url") into rawScheduleData
The webpage is "https" and has an expired security certificate which I have no control over. This was working fine until the security certificate expired. I found the undocumented command "libUrlSetSSLVerification" in another forum posting. The addition of this line restores the functionality to the standalone version on Mac OS but fails as a standalone on Windows (fully patched Win 7). Specifically the "put URL" command fails with the "result" variable containing "error socket closed."

Any thoughts for troubleshooting or solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have a work around involving "launch" then copy / paste but this is not a good solution for the target audience.

Oddly, in the development environment on the Mac, the "put URL" works fine without "libUrlSetSSLVerification false" even with the expired certificate.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Unexpected failure with "put URL"

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Is the revSecurity.dll included with your Windows standalone?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

cvandyke

Re: Unexpected failure with "put URL"

Post by cvandyke » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Thank you for your fast reply.

I had set the standalone application settings to "search for required inclusions" which did not include the revsecurity.dll file. Manually selecting inclusions and rebuilding I'm now receiving a different error in the "result:"

error error:1411809D:SSL routines:SSL_CHECK_SERVERHELLO_TLSEXT:tls invalid ecpointformat list

which I can't make any sense of but still seems like progress. The specific URL I'm accessing is https://sole.hsc.wvu.edu/ms2schedule.aspx if that could provide any insight.

Return to “Internet”