Scripting Calendar Applications GitHub Repository

Collaborate on tools, libraries, and applications beyond the IDE

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bvlahos
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Scripting Calendar Applications GitHub Repository

Post by bvlahos » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:53 am

I've created a new open source project to assist programmers script calendar applications to add, modify, and delete calendar events.

The GitHub project URL is https://github.com/bvlahos/Scripting-Calendars

My initial stack includes AppleScripts to work with Calendar app (iCal) and Microsoft Outlook on the Mac.

The LiveCode stack is a framework to hold the scripting commands. Each card in the LiveCode stack can be for a single platform/application. The idea is that contributors are able to add the coding for different calendar applications and different computer platforms.

To contribute download the stack and create a new card using the stack interface which makes the new card with the needed fields. Once you complete a new platform or application then upload the stack and I can incorporate it.

Bill Vlahos

FourthWorld

Re: Scripting Calendar Applications GitHub Repository

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks for posting this here, Bill.

For anyone looking to add calendar interoperability to your desktop apps, this is a very useful starting point. Bill has demo'd this at our local LiveCode user group, and out of the box it provides good support on Mac and Windows. But best of all is the way he's structured it, making it easy to add and test additions to support other calendars on those or other platforms.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Community Projects”