e-learning

Share tips, tools, and other resources for helping educators bring LiveCode into the classroom

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

e-learning

Post by richmond62 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 18.51.51.png
-
[ https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/de ... e-Learning ]

As far as I am concerned that statement contains several contentious points:

1. "it is now embraced by the masses"

Possibly so, although how one determines that is a funny question.

2. "While teaching can be based in or out of the classrooms, the use of computers and the Internet forms the major component of E-learning." (my highlighting)

I suspect the reality is not quite like that, and the component that is delivered via a computer may range from almost nothing to almost everything.

Personally, in my EFL (English as a Foreign Language) school I have about 50 LiveCode standalones running on a wide
variety of machines running (at present) Xubuntu Linux 18.04. Pupils at the lower levels have access to a standalone that is
directly connected with a vocabulary or grammar item in their textbook for about 20-30 minutes in a 90 minute session about every other class.

These standalones are designed both to reinforce what pupils should have learnt from direct teaching from a teacher, and also
work on the L+1 concept where at a certain stage in the standalone pupils are expected to go beyond what they have learnt
to extend their capabilities.

The computers in my school have NO internet access as I see no reason why pupils should have internet access when all that
they require for a class is provided in-school.
-
I am interested in what other educational providers do in a similar setting.

kellysim89

Re: e-learning

Post by kellysim89 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:13 am

I agree, especially now that it's necessary for most students to stay home for home-based learning (due to Covid19), I find it not as effective as physical lessons. They should consider opting for home tuition to set them back on track.

richmond62

Re: e-learning

Post by richmond62 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:27 am

My problem is with kids pretending to be attending a Zoom session:
-
ZOOOM.jpg

Return to “Educational Outreach”