Can't remove pulldown Menu once added?

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

bogs

Can't remove pulldown Menu once added?

Post by bogs » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 pm

In looking into a different button, I was comparing it to other buttons, one of which is the 'Pulldown Menu'.

I added one to the test stack, decided I didn't need it, and while it was selected, I pressed the [Delete] key on my keyboard. Imagine my surprise when it did not get removed from the card!

So I went to the project browser, highlighted the errant control, and pressed the 'trash can' icon at the bottom. I got the message asking whether I really wanted to delete the control, but after clicking "OK", the control remains!

This is on 'nix with 8.1.2, anyone else seeing this?

*Edit - hmm, I am unable to reproduce it now :shock:

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Can't remove pulldown Menu once added?

Post by richmond62 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 pm

That's the first time I've ever used the Project Browser.

Occasionally I use the "old" Application Overview, normally I don't use either.

Just to be pain-in-the-bum (surely not?), I couldn't be bothered to turn on a Linux box,
so tried this with 8.1.10 on Mac OS 10.1.4.4 Beta, and the thing worked: although needlessly
clunkily when one could have just deleted the thing without bothering with the Project Browser.

So . . . 2 questions for you:

1. Why are you using 8.1.2? My experience has shown me that 8.1.9 works well with Linux

(and 8.1.10 tends to crash randomly on all the Linux machines I've tested it on (12 machines)).

2. My swanky, new MacMini is attached to a Mac keyboard I bought in Dubai in 1998,
as is my Linux box. This is mainly because my generic, cheapo keyboards started behaving
wonkily after about 6 months, and the new Mac Keyboards look like bath toys.

By the way, I cannot recommend too highly those keyboards: I have about 10, I'm glad to say.
-
Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 15.09.36.png
-
As you have been unable to repeat the thing, maybe, just maybe, you've got a dicky DELETE key.

bogs

Re: Can't remove pulldown Menu once added?

Post by bogs » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:32 pm

I usually use both the AB and the PB, but the first Lc I used was 6.0.1, and the PB was used in almost everything I looked at while learning it, so I tend to be a lot more oriented to the PB :D

Funny thing is, when I'm in Mc, I don't use anything like either of those :D
richmond62 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 pm
1. Why are you using 8.1.2? My experience has shown me that 8.1.9 works well with Linux
Well, I don't actually *use* any Lc past 7, and that one only rarely. But I was in 6.5.2 when I noticed this issue.

I know they won't fix bugs back to that version, so I pulled out 8.1.2, which was the latest version I could get to run somewhat reliably on this system, to see if it was a still existing thing, which it is.
richmond62 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 pm
As you have been unable to repeat the thing, maybe, just maybe, you've got a dicky DELETE key.
That is always a distinct possibility, which is why I opened the PB and selected the control, then clicked on the trash can, which isn't going to be affected by any key no matter how snobby it is :P

Return to “Bug Triage”